It's been over a year. I'm aware. I apologize. But obviously I'm not that sorry or I'd have done something about it long ago. I'm a terrible blogger, and most of you probably have already figured that out. You knew what this was. :)
Anyways, all the cool kids on my Facebook are into this 30 Day Song Challenge business, and I want to play along. However, I'm doing it here because I'm a little late to this party, and also I just don't feel like posting it all over Facebook. Honestly, it seems a little too public. Music choice is kind of a private thing for me, oddly, and I dunno, it seems weird. Anyway, better late than never. (And really? I'm normally *really* late for such things. See also: how I decided in November 2010 that I don't hate the band CAKE, and also how I had never heard of Mumford and Sons until last week.)
Without further ado: Day one. My favorite song of all time.
I actually have several, but I'm reserving the rest of them for later days in the countdown. This has probably been my favorite song since the 8th grade, so I think it's probably fair to list it in this spot.
I have this theory about great art-- that you should be able to see/hear/watch/read it over and over and over and find something new every time. (Not necessarily like on repeat for 15 years, but like every now and again over a long period of time.) That's how this is. It has so many parts and sounds so complicated, but really it's just total chaos (which is appropriate, given the lyrics.) Also, a funny story: the reason the organ part sounds like it does (which is one of the best parts, if you ask me) is that the kid who's playing it wasn't actually an organ player, and didn't know the song but was just following along with everybody else, hence the delay. Again, I find that somehow appropriate.
Oh right, the actual song. Here ya go. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment