It's been just a few days. I'm on vacation, pretending I'm a college student on spring break and hanging out with my parents. (Ok... maybe just a lame college student. Whatever. I had fun back in the day.)
We're now on Day 7 of our song challenge. "A Song that Reminds You of a Certain Event."
As we've discussed, most songs remind me of a specific place or time or person. This is the most recent event-specific one that came to mind.
Last October, Jon Stewart came to town. You may have heard about it. Or you may have gotten stuck somewhere downtown while the 250,000 people who attended his little gathering on the National Mall attempted to get home, or to their hotel rooms or friend's dorm or back to the train station. The Rally to Restore Sanity was probably the most *insane* day of my entire life. It was an amazing, awesome experience and I'm so glad I went, but it's not something I'd ever do again, mostly because it should never take you 3.5 hours to get to your apartment 3 miles away.
That said, I'm pretty sure that no matter what else ever happens, this is something I will always remember. I got to stand a mile or so away from Cat Stevens while he played half of this song to a crowd of a quarter million people. That's pretty awesome.
Take it down a notch for America, y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment