Friday, March 4, 2011

I can't think of a title

I've been hung up on Day 3 of this song challenge deal for a few days and haven't posted. Sorry. There's a lot going on. I'm moving in 8 days.

Ok. Day 3. "A song that makes you happy." Well, lots of songs make me happy. That's why this is hard.

I've narrowed it down to 2. Is that cheating? Too bad.

This is the first:

I don't think you can hear this song and not smile. It's just so hopeful, but without being at all cheesy. It reminds me of the first day in March or April that you leave work without a coat on when it isn't pitch black dark outside. Or the first day you realize that you're actually really happy in a new situation that seemed really scary a month ago. Or the first day you feel like things might actually work out for the best after three very long years watching your spouse get his J.D. Just as an example. ;)

The second is this:

In this case, it's more that this song reminds me of one of the best times of my life-- singing this in the space for which it was written with some of the people who will forever be my best friends. (Better than this group too, I might add. I don't like how they break up some of the phrasing. Oh well. They're still the best YouTube had to offer.) I think I could do an entire separate 30 day song challenge with Anglican choral music (ooh! project...), but this needed to be included on this list, as it will always be one of the greatest memories I have.

Hopefully I'll get to Day 4 before Wednesday, but realistically I'm not making any promises. Have a good weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment