Day 4 is "A Song that Makes You Sad."
You can laugh at me for this one, it's ok. It's not actually the song, but again, the memories I have of it. It reminds me of a friend-- someone I was really just getting to know when he passed away suddenly and tragically, at way too young an age. My sadness pales in comparison to those that had loved him for years, but I will always regret the fact that I didn't get a chance to know him better.
That's the short version. I remember hearing this song at his funeral (still one of the greatest parties I've ever been to, and yes- that is totally appropriate), and to this day if it catches me in the right (wrong?) mood, I will cry like there's no tomorrow. But still, it's ok to laugh at me. He probably would. :)
Miss you, friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment